May 11, 2012, 10:00 – 17:30
Embassy of Canada
Leipziger Platz 17
10117 Berlin, Germany
The Deutsch-Kanadische Gesellschaft e.V. (DKG) and the OECD Berlin Center cordially invite you to the Forum @ Kanada Haus Berlin 2012 organised in collaboration with the Embassy of Canada. This year’s Forum will look at energy security.
Forum @ Kanada Haus Berlin is the new label under which the DKG is presenting its annual interdisciplinary conference hosted in the Embassy of Canada. The Forum series expands the concept of the German-Canadian Professionals Conference established in 2010. The new label embodies the next stage of a successful format whose attraction can partly be linked to its venue: the exceptional building of the Canadian Embassy at Leipziger Platz, an ideal environment for high-level networking.
Both the DKG and the Embassy are pleased to announce their cooperation this year with the OECD Berlin Center in bringing together an impressive line-up of speakers who will share their views on a variety of pressing topics in the energy security discourse on both sides of the Atlantic.
- 1st Plenary Session
- The 1st Plenary Session, entitled “Every Man for Himself?” will address current energy policy challenges in Canada and Germany. We are delighted to present the Honourable Kevin G. Lynch, P.C., O.C., Vice-Chair, BMO Financial Group and a former Clerk of the Privy Council and Secretary to the cabinet as a speaker.
- The Honourable Kevin G. Lynch, P.C., O.C., Vice-Chair, BMO Financial Group and a former Clerk of the Privy Council and Secretary to the Cabinet, Montreal
- Prof. Dr. Dietmar Mager, Deputy Director General – General Issues of Energy Policy, Energy Research, Renewable Energies, Coal -, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, Berlin, Germany
- 2nd Plenary Session
- The 2nd Plenary Session will, under the catchwords of security, sustainability, and affordability, highlight the Challenges in Achieving the Right Energy Mix. Both in Canada and in Germany the conventional energy sector and the renewable/ alternative energy sector alike are entangled in tough negotiations with stakeholders on how to shape their country’s future. Alex Wood, Senior Director, Policy and Markets, Sustainable Prosperity, a Canadian green economy think tank, will be among our speakers.
- Alexander Wood (Senior Director, Policy and Markets, Sustainable Prosperity, Ottawa)
- Dr. Josef Braml (Resident Fellow of the USA/Transatlantic Relations Program and Co-Editor, DGAP Yearbook, Berlin)
- 3rd Plenary Session
- The 3rd Plenary Session opens the view for Trends in the Global Public Debate. Experts from organisations such as the International Energy Agency and the World Energy Council will round out the overall picture and provide additional food for thought.
- Dr. Carsten Rolle (Head of the Energy and Raw Materials Division, Federation of German Industries (BDI) and Secretary, German Member Committee, World Energy Council, Berlin)
- David Buchan OBE (Senior Research Fellow, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, UK)
Save the date today and check out www.kanadahausberlin.de for regular updates! We look forward to meeting with you in Berlin on May 11.
For inquiries about our sponsoring packages please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The working language of the Forum will be English. Participation is free of charge but advance registration is required via email@example.com