May 20, 2014, 09:00 – 13:30
Embassy of Canada
Leipziger Platz 17
10117 Berlin, Germany
“Workplace Diversity” means broadening the traditional workforce to include employees of different ages, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, nationality, religion and belief, and physical ability.
Aging populations, low birth rates: both Germany and Canada face a demographic challenge. At the same time, firms are increasingly reflecting social reality in their employee mix. Is workplace diversity the answer to the looming crisis in public finances – and can it boost firms’ own bottom line?
Together with our host, the Embassy of Canada in Germany, the German-Canadian Association, the OECD Berlin Centre and the Institute for the Study of Labour (IZA) cordially invite you to draw new insights from a transatlantic comparison.
The 5th annual Forum @ Kanada Haus will be held Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at the Embassy of Canada, Leipziger Platz 17, 10117 Berlin; the conference language will be English.
- 08:30 – 09:00
- 09:00 – 09:15
- Welcome Remarks by Ambassador of Canada to Germany
Welcome Remarks by Deutsch-Kanadische Gesellschaft e.V.
- 09:15 – 10:45
- Opening Keynote Addresses:
- The View from Canada – The Honourable John Manley, President and CEO, Canadian Council of Chief Executives (CCCE)
- The View from Germany – Jörg Asmussen, State Secretary, Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- The OECD Perspective – Mark Keese, Head of the Division for Employment Analysis and Policy, OECD Directorate for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs
- 10:45 – 11:15
- Coffee and Networking Break
- 11:15 – 13:00
- Panel “Managing Workplace Diversity”
- Noëlle Richardson, Chief Diversity Officer, Agencies, Ministry of the Attorney General, Province of Ontario (introduction and moderation)
- Werner Eichhorst, Director of Labor Policy Europe, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA)
- Silvia Bohrisch, Global Diversity Networks and Key Account Manager, Corporate Human Resources, Siemens AG
- Manfred Bührmann, Group Human Resources, Diversity Management, Commerzbank
- and others
- Closing Comments and Reception